Arborvitae has great preservative oils from the natural Canadian Arborvitae tree that can be used as a cleanser, purifying agent, while releasing an earthy scent. Known as the “tree of life,” Arborvitae is grand in stature and plentiful with specific benefits. The dōTerra Arborvitae Essential Oil is sourced from the heartwood of the Thuja plicata tree. Best known as the Western Red Cedar and is native to North America (mainly in Canada and parts of the Northwestern United States). This unique source of arborvitae essential oil contains a distinct organic profile and is uniquely concentrated in methyl thujate. The sourcing arrangements for this oil are done in an innovative, environmentally-responsible way through distillation of residual wood materials to guarantee trees are not unnecessarily harvested. Native Americans used all parts of the Arborvitae tree for health benefits, building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing. Because of the powerful natural preserving qualities, Arborvitae prevents wood from rotting, and is commonly used in woodcraft and for preserving natural wood surfaces.
I get a commission for purchases made through links in this post. Feel free to browser through my store for additional products by following the link bellow.
Shop for dōTerra Arborvitae Essential Oil:
Woody, warm, earthy
Methyl thujate, Methyl-Myrtenate, Terpinen-4-ol
- May help promote clear, healthy looking skin when applied topically.
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent.
- Natural insect repellent and wood preservative.
How to Use:
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands and use as a cleaner.
- Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking.
- Diffuse to purify the air and to repel insects inside the home.
- Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for a natural wood preservative and polish.
- Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
- Apply three to four drops in a diffuser for aromatic use.
- Apply one to two drops to desired area on the body, dilute the oil with fractionated coconut oil for sensitive skin.
Shop for dōTerra Arborvitae Essential Oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.